Invitation for Bids
Date: 19th January 2020
- The Government of Maldives, represented by the Secretariat of Vaadhoo Council, South Huvadhoo atoll (the “Vaadhoo”), hereby announces public tendering for the Lease of plot of lands “Lot No 01 to 16”on the island of Vaadhoo in Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll (“Island”) for the development of Tourist Guest Houses. A Copy of the Map of the Lands are attached in Annex I.
- The Council now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the lease and development of a Tourist Guest House on the Lands.
- The Lands will be leased for a period of 50 (Fifty) years.
- Interested parties may obtain further information, inspect and purchase the Bidding Documents from at 23rd day of January 2020 up to the 20th day of February 2020, between 10:00 am to 14:00 pm at the following address:
Name: The Secretariat of Vaadhoo Council
Address: Council Office Complex
Road: - Ranikilege Magu
Island: Gaafu Dhaalu Vaadhoo
Country: Republic of Maldives
Telephone: +960 684-0005 Facsimile: +960 684-0005
- Bidding Documents may be purchased on submission of an application form to the address in IFB Clause 4. The application form can be collected from the Council.
- The price of a set of Bidding Documents for individuals or companies/partnerships registered or re-registered in the Republic of Maldives shall be MRF 5000/- (Maldivian Rufiyaa Five Thousand ) Payment for the bid document is non-refundable.
- The following shall be submitted with the application form.
a) A power of attorney granted to the person who will be signing the application form and tender documents (this shall not be applicable to individual bidders signing their application forms and their own tender documents).
b) Documentary evidence of person or legal entity (Copy of national identity card or passport for individuals, copy of registration certificate for companies and partnerships).
c) Payment for the Bidding Documents as specified in Clause 6 of the IFB.
- Upon payment for Bidding Documents, a receipt shall be issued which shall include the Bid Serial Number.
- The Bidding Documents and the Bid Serial Numbers are non-transferable.
- Each Bidder shall submit only one Bid for the Lands.
- A pre-bid meeting to provide information for interested parties shall be held at 24th day of February 2020 at 13:00Hrs at the address in IFB Clause 4 or any other venue that the Council may announce.
- Bids must be delivered before 13:00 Hrs. on 23rd day of March 2020 to the address in IFB Clause 4 or any other venue that the Council may announce.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders or their representatives who choose to attend the event at 26th day of March 2020, at the office of the Secretariat of Vaadhoo Council or at any other venue that the Council may announce.
The venue for the events pursuant to IFB Clause 11, 12 and 13 will be announced through the print and electronic media and posted on the notice board of the Council. No further notification of the time, date and/or the venue for the events will be issued by the Council.