INVITATION FOR BIDS
(Extension to IFB Reference Number: (IUL)13-K/13/2020/145, Dated 01st June 2020)
Design-Build of Male’ and Vilimale’ Waste Transfer Station including supply and installation of equipment
ICB No: DBI/01
1. The Republic of Maldives has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Greater Male’ Environmental Improvement and Waste Management Project and part of this financing will be used for payment under the Contract Package named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Ministry of Finance, on behalf of Ministry of Environment (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Design-Build of Male’ and Vilimale’ Waste Transfer Station including supply and installation of equipment.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Minimum average annual turnover of USD 9,150,000 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three 3 years;
- Participation in at least one similar contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last five (5) years, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds USD 9,760,000. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements).
For the complete eligibility and qualification requirements, Bidders should refer to the Bidding Document.
6.To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Ms. Fathimath Rishfa Ahmed
Ministry of Finance,
Ameenee Magu, Malé,
Republic of Maldives,
Tel: (960) 3349106
E-Mail: [email protected]
7. Interested Bidders shall register with the Ministry of Finance, from 01st June 2020 to 09th August 2020 by:
a) payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or USD 100.00 (United States Dollar One Hundred), through our online payment portal - Ban'deyri Pay (https://bandeyripay.finance.gov.mv/), or by electronic transfer to a designated bank account, information of which can be requested through email to above given email addresses, and;
b) Once the payment has been confirmed, the Bidder shall be registered upon submitting in person or by electronic mail, the following information:
- Name and Address of the Bidder
- Name, Email address and contact number of the Contact Person(s)
- Copy of the Payment/Transaction Receipt.
7. A complete set of Bidding documents and related documentation shall be available on the Ministry of Finance website www.finance.gov.mv for downloading. The Ministry of Finance shall not be held liable for any information not received by the Bidder, and it is the Bidder’s responsibility to verify the website for the latest information related to this invitation for bid.
8. Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before 1100 hours Maldivian Time on 10th August 2020
- together with bid security as described in the Bidding Document
Late bids will be rejected.
Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, whereas the Financial Bids shall remain sealed and unopened and shall be placed locked. The Financial Bids of only Technically Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after Technical Bid Evaluation, whereas, the Financial Bids of those Bidders whose Technical Bids are not responsive and qualified shall be returned unopened after the contract is awarded.
9. This Invitation for Bid is also published in the following websites.
14th July 2020