Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Name of Project: Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development
Contract Title: Construction of Maniyafushi Mariculture Research and Development Facility
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: D175 - MV
1. The Ministry of Fisheries, Marine Resource and Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Construction of Maniyafushi Mariculture Research and Development Facility.
2. The Ministry of Finance, on behalf of Ministry of Fisheries, Marine Resource and Agriculture (the Employer), wish to annul the initial bidding process advertised under reference number (IUL)13-K/13/2018/155, and re-invites bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the demolition of existing buildings (staff accommodation block, kitchen, green house and mosque), fencing off the existing hatchery from the construction site and construction and finishing work of Staff Accommodation, Laboratory, Broodstock Facility, Live Feed Facility, Mosque and Warehouse. The construction site is located at K. Maniyafushi Research and Development Facility and the period for completion of the Contract is 12 months from the date of the Contract. The estimated cost of this contract is US$1.3 million or MVR 20 million (Maldivian Rufiyaa Twenty Million only).
3. Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of July 2016, Revised November 2017 - (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested bidders shall registerwith the Ministry of Finance, between November 25, 2018 to December 25, 2018, by: (a) payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00(Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or USD 100.00,by cash/cheque at the Ministry of Finance between 0830hrs and 1200hrson all working days, or by electronic transfer to a designated bank account, information of which can be requested through email to [email protected]; and, (b) submitting in person or e-mailing the following information:
- Name and Address of the Bidder
- Name, e-mail ID and telephone numbers of the Contact Person(s)
- Copy of the Payment/Transaction Receipt.
5. A complete set of bidding documents and related documentation is available from November 25, 2018 on Ministry of Finance website www.finance.gov.mv for downloading free of cost. The Employer shall not be liable for any information not received by the Bidder. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to verify the website for the latest information related to this Bid.
6. A site visit will be arranged by the Employer on Monday, 27 November 2018 at 10:00 from Jetty number 4 Male’.
7. A pre-bid meeting will be held on December 3rd, 2018 at 1100hrs local time at the Ministry of Finance. Any clarifications to the project shall be sent to the address in Paragraph 10 below on or before 1400 Hours Maldivian Time on Thursday, 06th December 2018.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address specified in Paragraph 10 below on or before 13:00 hours of December 26th, 2018. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened on December 26th, 2018 at 13:00 hours in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
9. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of MVR 100,000 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Hundred Thousand only) or US$ 6,500 (United States Dollars Six Thousand and Five Hundred only) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
10. The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Ahmed Mujuthaba
Ministry of Finance,
Ameenee Magu, Malé, Maldives,
Tel: (960) 3349191, (960) 3349106
Web page: www.finance.gov.mv