Reference No.: (IUL) 438/438/2018/308
Date.: November 22, 2018
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Government of the Republic of Maldives has received grant fundsunder the multi-donor Strategic Climate Fund, administered by the World Bank, towards the cost of Accelerating Sustainable Private Investment in Renewable Energy (ASPIRE) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under the contract for the services of a Civil Engineer for the Project Management Unit (PMU), established within the Ministry of Environment. The Ministry of Environment has decided to extend the Request for Expression of Interest Ref No.: (IUL) 438/438/2018/304 and invite interested eligible individuals to submit their Expressions of Interest (EoI)
The key objective of this is to provide technical/engineering input, advice, and related administrative support for the activities undertaken under the projects managed by PMU.
Key qualification requirements of the individuals who apply for the position are:
- A Bachelor degree or higher in Civil Engineering. Having studied environment or energy elective subjects will be an added advantage.
- Must have professional work experience of minimum three (03) years. Having experience in structural engineering will be an added advantage
- Must be a registered Civil Engineer at Ministry of Housing and Infrastructure. Accredited professional engineer - structural design compliance (possessing Structural Checker Stamp) is preferred.
- Should possess sound knowledge of computer aided design software/applications commonly used in the industry.
- Should have excellent command over English with proven communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Interested individuals must provide their CV with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the services (description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.) covering the Key Qualifications listed above.
A candidate will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, Revised July 2014.
Successful candidate will be paid an all inclusive monthly fee of MVR 22,000 to 25,000 depending on qualification and experience. The individual for this position will be hired, for a period of Six (06) months on fulltime basis and may be extended for a further period, based on need and performance.
The expressions of interest must be submitted to the address by (regular mail, emails or fax) not later than 1400 hours on November 29, 2018 and shall be available to commence the services no later than December 2018.
Interested individual may obtain further information on request by writing to the address below.
Project Management Unit
Ministry of Environment
Handhuvaree Hingun, Maafannu
Male’, 20392, Republic of Maldives
Tel: +960 3018419, Fax: +960 3018301
Email: [email protected]