Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Name of Project: Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development
Contract Title: Entrance Channel Dredging and Construction work in GA Matu
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: D175 - MV
RFB Reference No.: MV-MOFA-42714-CW-RFP
1. The Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Entrance Channel Dredging and Construction work in GA. Matu.
2. The Ministry of Finance and Treasury on behalf of the Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for entrance channel dredging, jetty construction, clearance of areas for buildings, staff areas, powerhouse, fuel storage, waste disposal facility, warehouse, laboratory, mosque and pump station. The construction site is located at the island of Matu, Gaafu Alifu Atoll, and the period for completion of the Contract is 10 months from the date of the Contract. The estimated cost of this contract is US$1.9 million or MVR 29.3 million (Maldivian Rufiyaa Twenty-Nine Million and Three Hundred Thousand only).
3. Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of July 2016, Revised November 2017 - (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested bidders shall registerwith the Ministry of Finance and Treasury, between November 12, 2018 to December 16, 2018, by: (a) payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00(Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or USD 100.00,by cash/cheque at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury between 0830hrs and 1200hrson all working days, or by electronic transfer to a designated bank account, information of which can be requested through email to [email protected]; and, (b) submitting in person or e-mailing the following information:
- Name and Address of the Bidder
- Name, e-mail ID and telephone numbers of the Contact Person(s)
- Copy of the Payment/Transaction Receipt.
5. A complete set of bidding documents and related documentation is available from November 12, 2018 on Ministry of Finance and Treasury website www.finance.gov.mv for downloading free of cost. The Employer shall not be liable for any information not received by the Bidder. It is the Bidder’s responsibility to verify the website for the latest information related to this Bid.
6. A pre-bid meeting will be held on November 27, 2018 at 1100hrs local time at the Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
7. The interested Bidders are encouraged to visit the site and familiarize themselves with the site conditions prior to pre-bid meeting. The Ministry of Finance and Treasury will facilitate permission for such visit (specifically as the Ga. Matu is an uninhabited island).
8. Bids must be delivered to the address specified in Paragraph 10 below on or before 13:00 hours of December 17, 2018. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened on December 17, 2018 at 13:00 hours in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below.
9. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of MVR 290,000 (Maldivian Rufiyaa Two Hundred and Ninety Thousand only) or US$ 19,000 (United States Dollars Nineteen Thousand only) or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
10. The address(es) referred to above is (are):
Attention: Ahmed Mujuthaba
Ministry of Finance and Treasury,
Ameenee Magu, Malé, Maldives,
Tel: (960) 3349191, (960) 3349106
Web page: www.finance.gov.mv