Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Name of Project: Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development
Contract Title: Entrance Channel Dredging and Construction Work in Ga. Matu
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: D175 - MV
RFB Reference No.: MV-MOFA-59364-CW-RFB
1. The Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Sustainable Fisheries Resource Development Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Entrance Channel Dredging and Construction Work in Ga. Matu.
2. The Ministry of Finance and Treasury, on behalf of Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture (the Employer), invite bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the work , entrance channel dredging, Jetty, clearing of areas for buildings, staff areas, powerhouse and fuel storage, waste disposal facility, warehouse, laboratory and pump station. The construction site is located at Ga. Matu and the period for completion of the Contract is 10 months from the date of the Contract
3 .Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” of July 2016, Revised November 2017 - (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. The Bidder shall be registered to submit a bid upon payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or equivalent in USD, for the project from 12th November 2018 to 16th December 2018 between 0830hrs and 1200hrs on all working days. A complete set of bidding documents and any information that shall be delivered to the prospective bidders, will be available for download from the Ministry of Finance and Treasury website www.finance.gov.mv from
5. The Bidder shall furnish a Bid Security of US$ 38,000.00 (or equivalent in MVR). The Bid security shall be valid for 118 days from the date of bid opening.
6. A pre-bid meeting will be held on Monday, 26th November 2018 at 1100hrs local time at Ministry of Finance and Treasury.
7. Any clarifications to the project may be sent to the address in clause 9 of this invitation for bids on or before 1400 Hours Maldivian Time on Thursday, 29th November 2018.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of Bid of Opening and shall be delivered to the Ministry of Finance and Treasury at the address specified in the clause 8 of this Invitation for Bids, on or before 1100 hrs, Maldivian Time on 17th December 2018, at which time they will be opened in the presence of the Bidders who wish to attend the bid opening. Late bids will be rejected.
9. Bidders may obtain further information from the following address:
Ministry of Finance and Treasury,
Ameenee Magu, Male’, Maldives
Tel: (960) 3349191, (960) 3349106
Email: [email protected]
Copy to: [email protected]