REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTANCY SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Consultancy to prepare media packages for remote learning for students with SEN
(Procurement Ref: MV-MOE-226983-CS-CQS)
1. The Government of Maldives (GoM) is implementing the “Maldives: Learning Advancement and Measurement” Project (LAMP). The Project is funded by the Global Partnership for Education (GPE). The objective of the Project is to promote learning focused curriculum implementation and strengthen the measurement of learning outcomes. The Project is being administered by the Ministry of Education (MoE), with a Project Steering Committee that is co-chaired by the MoE and the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE).
2. As part of this, project MoE seeks consultancy services (firms) to prepare media packages for remote learning for students with Special Education Needs (SEN). Expressions of Interest need to be submitted before 14:00 pm 08thAugust 2021 to the email: [email protected] along with the following documents of the team members participating in the consultancy:
- Accredited and Validated documents supporting the education qualifications,
- Validated reference letters of experience, and
- Copy of ID card/Passport
3. Terms of Reference and Duration of Service
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignmentare attached to this request for expressions of interest. The service is for a period of 3 Months.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The firm must have videographers and animators/graphic designers, with at least five years of experience in conducting national level video development and animation.
- Must be able to manage diverse viewpoints and work in demanding situations.
- Proven record of delivering high quality and timely deliverables.
The attention of interested Consultancy firms are drawn to Section III, paragraph, 3.17 of the World Bank’s ‘Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’(Procurement in Investment Project Financing- Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment:
3.17 Consultants shall not be hired for any assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interests of the Borrower. Without limitation on the generality of the foregoing, Consultants shall not be hired under the circumstances set forth below:
d. Consultants (including their experts and other personnel, and sub-consultants), that have a close business or family relationship with a professional staff of the Borrower, or of the project implementing agency, or of a recipient of a part of the Bank’s financing, or any other party representing or acting on behalf of the Borrower, that is directly or indirectly involved in any part of:
i. The preparation of the TOR for the assignment;
ii. The selection process for the contract; or
iii. The supervision of the contract may not be awarded a contract, unless the conflict stemming from this relationship has been resolved in a manner acceptable to the Bank throughout the selection process and the execution of the contract.
- Note: Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the ‘World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers’ Procurement in Investment Project Financing- Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 introduced by the Bank under the Procurement Framework (hereafter referred to as the “Regulations”).
- Interested firms may obtain further information on request by writing to the address below.
- The applications must be addressed to:
Maldives Learning Advancement and Measurement Project
Ministry of Education,
9th Floor, H.Velaanaage, Ameer Ahmed Magu,
Male’, Republic of Maldives
Tel: :+( 960) 3341160
Email: [email protected]