Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) PLC, established in January 2004, is the only specialized housing finance institution in the Maldives. HDFC is a privatized company with International Shareholders represented by International Finance Corporation (IFC of World Bank Group), Asian Development Bank and HDFC Investments Ltd. of India, jointly holding 51% of shares. Our mission is to offer financial and social strength to all Maldivian citizens by providing home finance and other savings and investment products managed professionally and profitably to the highest standards, and to the complete satisfaction of all stakeholders.
In accordance with our business plan, HDFC Plc has a vacancy for the right candidate who can provide support to the Finance Team of the Company in the capacity of an Accounts Assistant.
Job Title: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
Major Responsibilities: -
- Record all customer receipt transactions promptly and accurately by issuing a receipt and entering receipt details in a designated receipts summary workbook.
- Balance cash and cheques in cash drawer at end of the day.
- Responsible for banking of cash and cheque deposits and carrying all forms, slips, letters, documents and other correspondences between the company and the banks according to the company procedures.
Required Qualification & Experience
- A ‘Level or Diploma in Accounting / Business Management
- Ability to handle cash with confidence
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent in attendance and work ethics
- Be collaborative and team oriented
- May require to work overtime including weekends
- Negotiable commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Service allowance
- Fixed monthly Cost of Living Allowance
- Health Insurance (as per company policy)
Term of Contract: 12 months (Renewal subject to performance review)
In general, all candidates should demonstrate a high level of integrity and good character. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic and excellent team player with motivational skills and possess a pleasant disposition. He or she should be appropriately attired at all times and be extremely presentable with an unblemished track record of ethical conduct.
Interested candidates are requested to submit application (downloadable website: www.hdfc.com.mv) with CV, copy of ID card, police report, copy of attested educational certificates and other supporting documents on or before April 11, 2021, 2:30 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Human Resource Department
Housing Development Finance Corporation Plc., 4th Floor,
Tel: +960 3338810; Fax: +960 3315138; email: [email protected]