Ref No: I/IUL/ 2021/44 Date: 14th March 2021
State Electric Company Limited (STELCO) is seeking interested and suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
Position: Civil Engineering Consultant
Salary: MVR 20,000 (Twenty Thousand) per month
STELCO is currently seeking for a Civil Engineering Consultant to provide consultancy service to projects carried by STELCO. The consultant should record observed construction deficiencies that would affect public health and safety, as well as a building’s fire protection, structural sufficiency, accessibility, conservation and environment integrity.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in Civil Engineering field with demonstrated technical capacity.
- Knowledge and Experience in Microsoft office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Excellent writing and communication and interpersonal skills in both Dhivehi and English language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make periodic site visits during construction to determine, whether the work is in general conformity with the plans and specifications for the building.
- Establish a program for periodic site visits, to review work.
- Review contractor’s construction procedures and provide recommendations with method statements for improving standard construction practices.
- Review materials used for construction works comply both project technical specifications and parameters.
- Monitor and track project to ensure progress is in alliance to meet project schedule and task deadlines.
- Evaluate and identify progress limitations and liaise with contractor and client to improve work performance and project delivery.
- Review and approve contractors claimed invoices by conduction inspection checklists and progress claim reports.
- Review shop drawings and samples submitted by the contractor for consistency with the intent of the plans and specifications.
- Ensure construction practices conducted are in compliance with HDC regulations.
Successful candidate will be awarded 1 (one) year contract.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to submit an application letter enclosed with supporting documents on or before 14:00 PM of 22nd March 2021 to the reception of the following address.
State Electric Company Limited.
Ameenee Magu, Male’, 20349
Republic of Maldives
Tel: (960) 332 0982, (960) 333 8236
Email: [email protected]