Vacancies in Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services
We are currently seeking highly qualifiedProject Coordinator (Construction of Shelter projects) to join our team.
A. Objective and Purpose of Assignment
The Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services is seeking to hire individual specialists to assist its Project Management Unit’s technical team in coordinating, managing and administering Establishments of accommodation blocks for survivors of Domestic Violence and Establishment of Elderly day care center, Establishment of day care center projects. The purpose of the assignment is to ensure project management best practices are implemented by the Ministry project teams and ensure quality implementation and delivery of projects.
B. Scope of Work
The Project Coordinator will be based in the Project Management Unit established in PPMRD of MoGFSS.
The project coordinator’s task would be;
a. Ensure systematic implementation of engineering design best practices within the department and prepare engineering drawing set templates.
b. Coordinate with project teams to implement efficient project documentation processes.
c. Undertake field visits to project sites for inspections and quality assurance.
d. Provide overall Coordination/Supervision to the Contractors and/or Consultants and ensure timely delivery of the project outputs in accordance to the contract agreements.
e. Assist in preparation of tender documents.
f. Prepare project management documentation templates, including those for inspections.
g. Conduct capacity building training for Ministry staff in improving efficiency in project management.
h. Assist the Employer in other related works.
i. Coordinate the activities of the PMU staff handling the project component to ensure the timely delivery of services to the Projects
j. Ensure all relevant information, documents, financial and technical reports are made available for review during review missions, by independent reviewers and/or review by other relevant stakeholder of GOM.
k. prepare and revise project component activities and financial plans and ensure information/reports such as annual work plan, annual project review reports, project progress reports, bi-annual reports, quarterly reports etc. and other documentation requested by MoGFSS or funding agency for review and/or for presentation are provided in a timely manner.
L. Assist in concept level designing of infrastructure projects in the islands and preparation of necessary documents required for bid documents, contract documents and technical reports.
The project coordinator will be reporting to the Permanent Secretary, and head of PPMRD on a 5-day work week basis from 08:00am to 14:00pm at Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services, Male’.
- B. Duration and Commencement of Services
Successful candidates will be contracted for a period of 1 (one) year, with potential renewal of contract based on performance and organizational need, the duration of which will be negotiated with the individual but shall not exceed 2 (two) years in total.
- C. Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or above in Civil Engineering, or Project Management or related field with minimum general experience of 10 years with specific experience of infrastructure projects of 05 years minimum. OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or Project Management or related field with minimum general experience of 15 years with specific experience of infrastructure projects of 10 years minimum. OR
3. Diploma or Professional Certificates in Civil Engineering, or Project Management or related field with minimum general experience of 20 years with specific experience of infrastructure projects of 15 years minimum.
4. Should have excellent command over English with proven communication and, presentation and negotiation skills;
5. Should be capable of providing leadership, motivation and training to the staff and stakeholders;
6. Should have strong leadership, management and communication skills in presenting, discussing and resolving difficult issues and have ability to work efficiently and effectively with a multidisciplinary team;
The successful individual must be willing to work for extended periods without direct supervision and travel routinely to islands within the catchment.
In addition, the individual’s reputation of integrity and impartiality routed in independent from third parties shall be considered.
The short-listed candidate will be requested to participate in personal interviews and submit the names and contact details of personal referees who can attest to their ability.
The successful candidate must understand the objectives and delivery mechanisms of the projects portfolio. He/she must be willing to work in a team, be flexible to emerging or changing conditions, and undertake initiative in his/her broad field of actions.
E. Reporting Requirement
1. Report directly to the Head of PPMRD of the Ministry.
2. The Project manager should report to work on week days from 0800 – 1400hrs, other than public holidays.
F. Remuneration and Leave details
Successful candidate will be paid a fixed monthly fees depending on qualification and experience ranging from MVR 20,000 – 25,000. In addition, any fees payable to the individual for duty travel assignments, Ramadan allowance shall be compensated at the government prevailing rates. Fixed monthly fee shall be subject to deduction for pension and any other statutory requirement as may be applicable. Leave entitlement shall be as follows;
Annual Leave: The Project coordinator may take up to thirty (30) working days leave per calendar year.
Sick Leave: The Project coordinator may take Thirty (30) days of paid sick leave. The Consultant is not allowed to take sick leave for more than two consecutive days unless a medical certificate specifying the nature of the illness and recommended duration of sick leave issued by a licensed medical practitioner is submitted on the first day back at work.
Family Responsibility Leave: The Project coordinator may take Ten (10) days of paid leave in a year to attend important obligations such as tending family members during illness.
Unpaid Leave: The Project coordinator will not be paid for leave(s) that exceed the maximum allowed and the Client may terminate the contract if the unpaid leave exceeds more than thirty (30) working days.
G. Application instructions
Ministry of Gender, Family and Social Services now invite interested individuals qualified for the assignments to submit Expression of Interest inclusive of the following documentation to demonstrate your eligibility for the assignment.
1. Cover Letter for Expression of Interest
2. CV including information that demonstrates that the candidate is qualified to undertake the scope of work
3. Work experience documentation. (Description of similar assignments, and experiences in similar field of work).
4. Copies of attested academic qualifications.
5. Reference letters from current and/or previous employers.
Candidates interested in applying, please email your CV along with other relevant documents to [email protected] before 01st December 2020 13:30. For more information please call +960 3027551