INVITATION FOR BIDS
Design, Supply, and Installation of a Construction and Demolition waste processing plant
ICB No: DBI/02
1. The Republic of Maldives has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Greater Male’ Environmental Improvement and Waste Management Project and part of this financing will be used for payment under the Contract Package named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Ministry of Finance, on behalf of Ministry of Environment (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the Design, Supply, and Installation of a Construction and Demolition waste processing plant.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Minimum average annual turnover of USD 4,000,000 calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three 3 years;
- Participation in at least two similar contracts that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last five (5) years, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds USD 1,600,000. The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements).
For the complete eligibility and qualification requirements, Bidders should refer to the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
Ms. Fathimath Rishfa Ahmed
Ministry of Finance,
Ameenee Magu, Malé,
Republic of Maldives,
Tel: (960) 3349106
E-Mail: [email protected]
6. Interested Bidders shall register with the Ministry of Finance, from 21st May 2020 to 15th July 2020 by:
a) payment of a non-refundable Registration fee of MVR 1,500.00 (Maldivian Rufiyaa One Thousand Five Hundred) or USD 100.00 (United States Dollar One Hundred), through our online payment portal - Ban'deyri Pay (https://bandeyripay.finance.gov.mv/), or by electronic transfer to a designated bank account, information of which can be requested through email to above given email addresses, and;
b) Once the payment has been confirmed, the Bidder shall be registered upon submitting in person or by electronic mail, the following information:
- Name and Address of the Bidder
- Name, Email address and contact number of the Contact Person(s)
- Copy of the Payment/Transaction Receipt.
7. A complete set of Bidding documents and related documentation shall be available on the Ministry of Finance website www.finance.gov.mv for downloading. The Ministry of Finance shall not be held liable for any information not received by the Bidder, and it is the Bidder’s responsibility to verify the website for the latest information related to this invitation for bid.
8. A pre-bid meeting will be held online, details of which will be provided to all registered Bidders as well as Bidders who submit by email their interest to attend the meeting before 1400 hours on 15th June 2020. Any clarifications to the project may be sent to the email addresses above within time as per ITB 7.5 of Bidding Document.
9. The Bidder shall furnish a bid security for the amount of USD 20,000.00 (United States Dollar Twenty Thousand or equivalent in Maldivian Rufiyaa), which shall be valid for 178 days from the date of bid opening.
10 Deliver your bid:
- to the address above
- on or before 1100 hours Maldivian Time on 16th July 2020
- together with bid security as described in the Bidding Document
Late bids will be rejected.
Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend, whereas the Financial Bids shall remain sealed and unopened and shall be placed locked. The Financial Bids of only Technically Responsive and Qualified Bidders shall be opened after Technical Bid Evaluation, whereas, the Financial Bids of those Bidders whose Technical Bids are not responsive and qualified shall be returned unopened after the contract is awarded.
11. This Invitation for Bid is also published in the following websites.