ނަންބަރު:(IUL) 203-ADMIN/2019/ 03
އަންދާސީ ހިސާބު ބޭނުންވެއްޖެ.
ވެކިއުމް ސްވަރޭޖް ސިސްޓަމެއް ގާއިމްކުރުމަށް ބޭނުންވާ ޓެކްނިކަލް ސްޕެސިފިކޭޝަން އަދި ގައިޑްލައިން ތައްޔާރުކުރުން.
މި އެޖެންސީގެ ނަންބަރު (IUL) 203-ADMIN/2019/02 ( 26 މާރޗް 2019) އިއުލާނާއި ގުޅޭމަސައްކަތުގެ ޓީއޯއާރަށް ބޮޑެތި ބަދަލުތަކެއް ގެންނަން ޖެހުމާއި ގުޅިގެން މި މަސައްކަތަށް ކުރިން ހުށަހަޅާފައިވާ ހުށަހެޅުންތައް ބާތިލްކޮށް އަލުން މިމަސައްކަތަށް ކުރިމަތި ލުމުގެ ފުރުޞަތު ހުޅުވާލަމެވެ.
މިމަސައްކަތުގެ ބޭނުމަކީ ވެކިއުމް ސްވަރޭޖް ސިސްޓަމް ގާއިމްކުރުމާއި ގުޅޭ ޓެކްނިކަލް ސްޕެސިފިކޭޝަންތަކާއި ގައިޑްލައިން (ދިވެހި އަދި އިނގިރޭސި ބަހުން) ތައްޔާރު ކުރުމެވެ.
ވީމާ، މަސައްކަތަށް ޝައުޤުވެރިވެލައްވާ، މިމަސައްކަތަށް ތައްޔާރުކުރެވިފައިވާ ޓާމްސް އޮފް ރެފަރެންސްގައި ބަޔާންކޮށްފައިވާ ޝަރުތު ތައްފުރިހަމަވާ ފަރާތްތަކުން، 30 މެއި 2019 ވާ ބުރާސްފަތި ދުވަހުގެ 11.00 އަށް މިއެޖެންސީއަށް ވަޑައިގެން އަންދާސީ ހިސާބު ހުށަހެޅުއްވުން އެދެމެވެ.
މިމަސައްކަތަށް ތައްޔާރުކުރެވިފައިވާ ޓާމްސް އޮފް ރެފަރެންސް މި އިއުލާން އާއި ގުޅިފައި އެވަނީއެވެ.
22 މެއި 2019
Ref No: (IUL) 203-ADMIN/2019/ 03
Date: 22nd May, 2019
Terms of Reference
Consultancy Services to develop the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building Vacuum Sewer Systems in the Maldives
- 1. INTRODUCTION
As the number of the sewer systems established in the Maldives is increasing year by year, the need for proper technical specifications and guidelines is of the utmost importance. Therefore, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of the Maldives intends to procure the services of an INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT for the technical assistance and support in developing the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building Vacuum Sewer Systems in the Maldives.
- 2. OBJECTIVES
The objective of this consultancy is to develop the Technical Specifications and Guidelines (in English and Dhivehi) for Designing and Building Vacuum Sewer Systems in the Maldives, appropriate to Maldives context which will be used as a reference in future sewerage projects.
- 3. SCOPE OF WORKS
The tasks to be undertaken by the Consultant under this Terms of Reference are to be undertaken in close collaboration with the Environmental Protection Agency and relevant stakeholders as necessary, and include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Preliminary investigation
- Conduct a literature review of vacuum sewer systems technical specifications and guidelines used in the developing countries, particularly in Small Island Developing States (SIDs), that is appropriate in the context of Maldives.
- Conduct stakeholder consultations with relevant agencies such as but not limited to Ministry of Environment, Ministry of National Planning and Infrastructure, Ministry of Tourism, FENAKA, STELCO and MWSC, Private Design Consultancy Firms, Private Contractors.
- Conduct presentation of the finding and proposal of the development of the technical specifications and guidelines to be prepared.
- Develop the ENGLISH Draft of the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building of Vacuum Sewer System in Maldives.
- Conduct Stakeholder Workshop for Review and Input by the relevant stakeholders.
- Develop Final of the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building of Vacuum Sewer System in Maldives.
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
To be eligible for this assignment, the individual consultant must demonstrate past experience in performing the services (description of the similar assignment, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills, etc.).
- Engineer – BSc. In Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum 05 years of work experience in the relevant area.
- Experience in report writing, preparation of guidelines or relevant doc will be taken as an added advantage
- Preference will be given to a person having experience of working in Maldives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and Internet Research
Preliminary Literature Review and
Draft Technical Specification and Guideline Document
Findings and Proposal of Literature review conduct of the assignment in relation to Maldivian context and development of draft technical specifications and guidelines
Preliminary Literature Review Report
Draft Technical Specification and Guidelines ( 1 Hard and 1 Soft Copy )
Final Technical Specification and Guideline Document
Conduct Stakeholder meeting for Review and Input by the relevant stakeholders.
Develop Final of the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building of Vacuum Sewer System in Maldives.
Final of the Technical Specifications and Guidelines for Designing and Building of Vacuum Sewer System in Maldives. (1 Hard and 1 Soft Copy)
- 5. EVALUATION CRITERIA
(i) Adequacy of the proposed methodology and Monitoring Plan
in responding to the Technical Requirement: 
a) Technical approach and methodology 
b) Work plan 
(ii) Key professional staff qualifications and competence:
a) Education Qualification 
b) Work Experience 
(ii) Financial Proposal:
The formula for determining the financial scores is the following:
Sf = 100 x Fm / F, in which Sf is the financial score, Fm is the lowest price and F the price of the proposal under consideration.
Total technical score (s): 100
7. PAYMENT SCHEDULE
The payment will be released as follows
- 50% upon submission and acceptance of Literature Review Report and draft completion of the guideline
50% upon submission and acceptance of final technical specification and guideline
8. SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT
Environmental Protection Agency will provide necessary information and materials available at the Agency for the fulfillment of the tasks and will facilitate the necessary meetings if any are required.
A. SCHEDULE FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
Duration of the assignment is 90 days from the commencement of the works.