Network Core Engineer
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENT
• Degree or MNQF Level 7 Qualification in Computer Science/Information Technology/relevant field with minimum 3 years’ experience in IT or Telecom Industry.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have Professional Certificates such as CCNA, CCNP, etc. and experience with Core Network products.
The Network Core Engineer will be responsible for managing and carrying out all the networks and engineering tasks in the Networking Operation/Service Operation Centre of HOC under the guidance of Manager NOC.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Oversee the deployment, management, monitoring and support of Telecom infrastructure hardware including servers, routers, switches, firewalls and ISP-provided devices, through internal or third-party resources.
• Identify and initiate problem resolution for issues associated with networking equipment (hardware and software).
• Optimize infrastructure configuration to ensure efficient, reliable and consistent performance.
• Extend technical support to customers through remote and on-site troubleshooting.
• Perform regular checks and do proactive maintenance on the network, hardware and software.
• Support hardware and software for the requirements for Smart City Solutions.
• Prepare Core Networking capacity planning standards, guidelines, sizing and roadmap.
• Handle PoC testing and network design validations on lab setup.
• Diagnose complex software systems and discuss security and performance concerns early in the process.
JOB SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• IP subnetting, routing and switching, VLAN creation/management, IP address management, Private WAN, VPN, Metro Ethernet.
• Routing protocols (BGP, OSPR., EIGRP), SIP/RTP and QOS.
• In depth knowledge of Windows Server and Linux OS.
• Knowledge and experience in Virtualization technologies (VMware, Cloud, Open Stack).
• Ability to Multi-task and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of executing calmly against tough deadlines.
• Knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and Internet standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, SMTP, FTP and VOIP.
• Knowledge of Passive Optical Network and other Telecommunication equipment will be an added advantage.
Salary negotiable based on qualification and experience.
• Accredited certificates
• Job reference letters
• NID card or Driver’s License
• Police Report
Apply via: https://jobs.hdc.com.mv
Deadline: 15th August 2022, 14:00hrs
For Further Information: 3353535 or call centre hotline: 1516