Support vulnerable communities in Maldives to manage climate change-induced water shortages
Request for Expressions of Interest
Procurement Officer (PO)
The Government of the Republic of Maldives through the Ministry of Environment and Energy (MEE) is implementing “Water Supply Systems” financed by Green Climate Fund (GCF) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the services of a full time Procurement Officer (PO) to conduct/coordinate the procurement activities being undertaken for the water and sewerage projects administered by the Ministry of Environment and Energy (MEE) in collaboration with United Nations Development Project (UNDP).
The objective of this assignment is to conduct/coordinate procurement activities being undertaken for the water supply projects administered by the Ministry of Environment and Energy (MEE) in collaboration with United Nations Development Project (UNDP) with the responsibility for ensuring compliance with the donor agencies guidelines on procurement of consultant’s goods and works.
To be eligible for the position the individual is expected to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in procurement/ commerce / finance/ business/ management/Economics
- Must have professional work experience of at least four (4) years with minimum two (2) years in procurement of consultants, works and goods; and have had substantial management/Supervisory responsibilities pertaining to procurement.
- A high level of computer literacy is required. Familiarity with programs like Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel as required.
- Sound understanding of principles underlying good procurement practices and international agencies’ procurement guidelines will be an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of Government’s procurement Regulations/Act and Public Finance Regulation will be an added advantage.
- Specialized knowledge of and significant experience in all substantive areas/aspects of procurement (e.g. procurement of goods; various forms of construction contracts; selection/ contracting of consultant services under various methods; preparation of bidding/contract documents for the international procurement of goods, works, services; public procurement policies; practices) will be an added advantage.
- Should have strong leadership, management and communication skills in presenting, discussing and resolving difficult issues and have ability to work efficiently and effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
The successful individual must be willing to work for extended periods without direct supervision and travel routinely to islands within the catchment.
In addition, the individual’s reputation of integrity and impartiality routed in independent from third parties shall be considered.
Successful individual will be paid an all-inclusive monthly fee of MVR 30,000.
The Ministry of Environment and Energy now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit their application letter, CV, including information that demonstrates their qualification to perform the services (description of similar assignments and experience in similar conditions, familiarity with appropriate skills, reference, education certificates and national identity card/passport copy etc).
Interested individuals may obtain an outline Terms of Reference from www.environment.gov.mv and acquire further information on request by writing to the Ministry’s email address.
The expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below (regular mail, emails or fax) no later than 12:00 hours on 23 January 2018.
GCF Program Management Unit
Ministry of Environment and Energy
Green Building, Handhuvaree Hingun,
Maafannu, Male’, 20392,
Republic of Maldives
Contact Number: +960 3018386, +960 3018318
Fax: +960 3018301