INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS / MONITORS FOR LOCAL COUNCILS’ ELECTION & WOMEN’S DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE ELECTIONS 2020
Elections Commission of Maldives opens invitation for interested parties to observe and monitor Local Council Election & Women Development Committee Election 2020 on 4th April 2020. This opening is from 20th February 2020 till 15th March 2020.
With regard to aforementioned elections, the criteria for the interested parties are as follows:
- Should be above 18 years of age
- Representatives of international associations and societies related to electoral activities accredited by the associations they belong to.
- Applicants shall not be involved in campaigning for any candidate or political party.
All accredited monitors and observers will be duly contacted for logistics arrangements.
Application procedure for International Observers / Monitors;
- Application form detail needs to be entered as in the applicant’s passport
- Attachments required to submit along with the application form must meet the following criteria and should not exceed 1MB in file size
- Color scan of passport which has at least 6 months of validity (in pdf format)
- A recent passport size picture which has been taken not more than three months ago. (in JPEG format, with resolution not lesser than 300dpi)
- A signed and scanned copy of ‘Local Council Election & Women Development Committee Elections 2020, Observer/ Monitor Declaration (which is along with the application form)
- The applicant is also required to attach a letter of accreditation from the institution he/she is representing. This letter must include the applicant’s full name, passport number and designation. The letter must be in the official letterhead of the representing institution and must bear the official stamp as well.
- All documents should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interest parties please follow the links mentioned below to download the application form and other documents.
The application shall be rejected if the application is incomplete, contains incorrect information or attachments are missing.
Note: Passport photo must be taken in a white background measuring 45mm x 35mm with the applicants face covering 70-80% of the photograph. The face must be centered in the photo and no more than six months old.